In addition to our peer-delivered services, we have two recovery community centers where hundreds of young adults can gather to attend a variety of free recovery support services in a safe, alcohol and drug-free environment. Over 600 young people attend our community centers each month. Whether you want to hang out with your friends or if you just need a place to use a computer 4D community centers can help.
What kind of community activities and support are on offer?
4D offer individuals the unique opportunity to socialize and connect through fun events, skill-building activities, health and wellness support, and mutual-aid recovery meetings. Here are some of the key features of our community centers:
- Social: We offer a space to chill with sofas, pool tables, TVs, and video games.
- Computers: Dedicated computers are available for use by community members to do homework, look for a job, or complete paperwork.
- Meetings: We host a variety of recovery meetings that meet everyone’s needs. Click here for a list of meetings
- Skill-building workshops: Scheduled workshops include budgeting, emotional regulation, navigating intimate relationships, exercise and wellness, and yoga.
- Collaboration: 4D partners with a variety of organizations, communities, and individuals to promote a recovery-oriented system of care. Our partners include public and private treatment and recovery support agencies, healthcare providers, the Oregon Department of Justice, recovery communities, wellness instructors, and more.
- Events and activities: 4D organizes and coordinates a variety of recovery activities including dances, poetry nights, hiking, hip hop battles, comedy shows, sports events, art workshops, movie nights, pool tournaments, and more.